Detailed information regarding the admission rules for the Bachelor’s Degree Programme in Architecture for the a.y. 2021/22 will be defined in accordance with the provisions of Ministerial Decree that will be published by MIUR in the following months.
Here you can find for the record some information for the a.y. 2020/21, where the test has been organized locally following the provisions of the Ministerial Decree.
Test type and admission requirements and rules for the a.y. 2021/22 could change following the decisions of MIUR at national level.
Who can take the TIL test
Applicants who are attending their last year of high school or those who have already earned their high school diploma when they apply for the test. The score obtained in the test is only valid for enrolment in academic year 2021/22. The candidate that wants to enroll in the Bachelor’s Degree of Architecture in English must sit and pass the test in the English language.
How to register for the admission test
In order to register for the Architecture test, you must register on the Apply platform and fill out all the required data. After the registration to the admission test, the specific registration fee should be paid, respecting the terms and deadlines that will be indicated in the Call for applications for admissions to the Bachelor’s degree programme in Architecture for the a.y. 2021/22.
All the indications regarding the payment methods will be given in the Call for Admission soon to be published.
How to prepare to the admission test
To learn about the prior knowledge requirements for the admission test, check the following webpage: http://orienta.polito.it/en/entry_requirements In order to get ready for the admission test, we suggest you the following:
Test format and scoring of the TIL-A
- After the registration on the Apply@polito platform, on your personal page you will have at your disposal specific multimedia materials that can help you prepare for the admission test. A test simulator is also available.
- You can consult the contents of the previous years’ admission tests by clicking on the pages of each Bachelor’s degree programme, under the section named "Iscrizione al primo anno"/ “First-year enrolment”
For the admission test applicants have 70 minutes to answer 40 questions. Questions are divided in 5 sections covering 5 different disciplines. The number of questions and the time limits are organized as follows:
Each question has 5 possible answers (identified with A,B,C,D,E), only one of which is correct. The score is based on the following criteria:
- 8 General Knowledge questions in 15 minutes
- 6 Abstract Reasoning (Logic) questions in 10 minutes
- 12 History questions in 20 minutes
- 6 Drawing and Representation questions in 10 minutes
- 8 Mathematics and Physics questions in 15 minutes
At the end of the TIL-A test candidates will immediately see the score obtained; the same score will also be available on their personal page of the Apply@Polito platform.
- 5 points for each correct answer
- A penalty of 0,40 points (-0,40) for each incorrect answer
- 0 points for each unanswered question
All the indications regarding the admission requirements will be indicated in the Call for Admission in Architecture for the a.y. 2021/22 soon to be published and updated on this webpage.