Participate in the TIL test
If you want to participate in the TIL-A test, we remind you that under the Apply section named “Select your course” you must necessarily select the degree in Architettura-Architecture.Payments methods
The TIL registration fee is: € 50,00 .
The amount paid cannot be reimbursed under any circumstances, nor it can be considered valid for TIL sessions other than the one for which the candidate had registered.When you complete the TIL registration procedure, you will receive an e-mail confirming your registration.The registration fee can be paid with various payment methods, including:
Applicants who pay using the method illustrated under number 2) must go back to the Apply@polito platform and specify the payment date (self-declaration). Failure to do so entails that their payment is not valid. Both the payment and the self-declaration must take place before the deadlines illustrated in art. 3 of the Call for applications for admissions.
- Credit cards (or other payment methods available on the PagoPA platform) generating an immediate payment;
- Pre-printed notice of payment (MAV on the PagoPA platform), generating a deferred payment.
Should the self-declaration be found to be false or incorrect, the registration for the test, or the test itself, will be cancelled.
PLEASE NOTE: before payment is made, check which turns are still available.If you don’t see the turn of your preference it means that the seats are sold out, therefore you can register for the next TIL session. The choice of the date and turn in which to take the TIL test can be done in the section called “TIL-Architettura”, that will appear after you enter into the procedure Apply@polito all the required information and after you have done the “Save and Submit".
How to prepare to the admission test
In order to get ready for the admission test, we suggest you the following:
Test format and scoring of the TIL-A
- You can consult the contents of the previous years’ admission tests by clicking on the pages of each Bachelor’s degree programme, under the section named "Iscrizione al primo anno"/ “First-year enrolment”
- After the registration on the Apply@polito platform, on your personal page you will have at your disposal specific multimedia materials that can help you prepare for the admission test. A test simulator is also available.
For the admission test applicants have 70 minutes to answer 40 questions.
Questions are divided in 5 sections covering 5 different disciplines.
The number of questions and the time limits are organized as follows:
Each question has 5 possible answers (identified with A,B,C,D,E), only one of which is correct. The score is based on the following criteria:
- 8 General Knowledge questions in 15 minutes
- 6 Abstract Reasoning (Logic) questions in 10 minutes
- 12 History questions in 20 minutes
- 6 Design and Representation questions in 10 minutes
- 8 Mathematics and Physics questions in 15 minutes
At the end of the TIL-A test candidates will immediately see the score obtained; the same score will also be available on their personal page of the Apply@Polito platform.
- 1.5 points for each correct answer
- A penalty of 0,40 points (-0,40) for each incorrect answer
- 0 points for each unanswered question
The TIL-A results will be published on Thursday 10th September 2020 with:
- a ranking list of all EU applicants and non-EU applicants residing in Italy
- a ranking list of all non-EU applicants residing abroad
Politecnico di Torino will make an offer of admission to the Bachelor’s degree programme in Architettura/Architecture to the applicants included in the ranking list up to the maximum number of available student places.
Applicants who have not answered any question will not be included on the ranking list.
The ranking lists are made with the following criteria:
- applicants are ranked in descending order based on their TIL-A score;
- in case of equal ranking, the score obtained in the individual sections that make up the TIL-A test shall prevail, considered in the following order: general knowledge and abstract reasoning, history, design and representation, physics and mathematics. In case of a further equal ranking, the younger applicant will be chosen.
Language requirementsFor Bachelor's degree programme entirely taught in Italian students with foreign educational qualification need PLIDA B1 (Italian certificate).
For Bachelor's degree programme entirely taught in English: applicants must have an English language certificate – B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).The English language certificates or exemptions accepted by Politecnico di Torino to ascertain applicants’ knowledge of English (B2 level) are available at:https://didattica.polito.it/cla/en/certificates
ATTENTION PLEASE: in view of the ongoing health emergency and given the high probability that candidates may not be in a position to acquire a English language certification and, in the required cases, the italian certification in time for enrolment in the a.y. 2020/21, it is provided an enrolment “with condition” for the admitted students that, within the deadlines for the enrolment itself, will not be in possession of the required certification.
The enrolment with condition must be concluded by 30 of June 2021 by presenting the missing language certification. If no document is presented within the indicated deadline, from that moment the access to the personal apply page of the website will be prohibited and the student will be unable to perform career acts until the delivery of the certification, without prejudice to the Regulation of students in the matter of school leaving.