Applicants are required to take an admission test called TIL-A (Test d’Ingresso onLine – Architettura) organized by Politecnico di Torino in accordance with the provisions of Ministerial Decree no. 624 of 27th May 2021 an
d it annexe.
The date of the test is:
|Tuesday 27th July 2021|
from Tuesday 08th June 2021
up to 12.00 NOON (Italian time)
of Thursday 22th July 2021
Open to everyone
How does the test work
Due to the limitations following the COVID-19 emergency, the TIL-A (Test d’Ingresso onLine – Architettura) will be held online remotely from a location of your choice.
Please read Annex C of the Call for Admissionto learn more on how to take the remote TIL test.
Remote TIL instructions
To participate to the exam the student must have the following appropriate means:
- personal computer Windows 10 or Mac, equipped with a webcam
- network connection suitable for a videoconference
- a second device with the same characteristics (smartphone or tablet or other computer) connected with the power supply and with the Internet, equipped with a webcam.
In addition, it is mandatory to prepare the ID (identity document) before the beginning of the test (preferably the ID inserted during registration) and some blank pages.Connection problemA lack of network connection for a time period that does not allow the regular execution of the TIL test may result in the annulment of the test itself. Participate in the test implies the acceptance of the methods identified by the Politecnico of Torino, including the video recording to ensure the regularity of the TIL test performance.
Who can take the TIL test
Applicants who intend to enrol in the Bachelor’s degree programme in Architettura-Architecture taught in Italian are required to take and pass the admission test in Italian, according to the rules illustrated in the following articles.
Applicants who intend to enrol in the Bachelor’s degree programme in Architettura-Architecture taught in English are required to take and pass the admission test in English according to the rules illustrated in the following articles
The score obtained by applicants in the TIL-A test (online admission test – Architecture) is only valid for enrolment in academic year 2021/2022. For this reason, when applicants register for the TIL-A test, they must be attending their last year of high school (i.e. they should be getting their high school diploma in the summer of 2021 according to the Italian school calendar) or they must have already earned their high school diploma.
How to register for the admission test
In order to register for the test, you must register on the Apply platform and fill out all the required data. After the registration to the admission test, the specific registration fee should be paid, respecting the terms and deadlines indicated in the Call for applications for admissions to the Bachelor’s degree programme in Architettura-Architecture 2021/22.
Participate in the TIL testIf you want to participate in the TIL-A test, we remind you that under the Apply section named “Select your course” you must necessarily select the degree in Architettura-Architecture.
Payments methodsThe TIL registration fee is: € 50,00 .The amount paid cannot be reimbursed under any circumstances, nor it can be considered valid for TIL sessions other than the one for which the candidate had registered.When you complete the TIL registration procedure, you will receive an e-mail confirming your registration.The registration fee can be paid with various payment methods, including:
Applicants who pay using the method illustrated under number 2) must go back to the Apply@polito platform and specify the payment date (self-declaration). Failure to do so entails that their payment is not valid. Both the payment and the self-declaration must take place before the deadlines illustrated in art. 3 of the Call for applications for admissions. Should the self-declaration be found to be false or incorrect, the registration for the test, or the test itself, will be cancelled.
- Credit cards (or other payment methods available on the PagoPA platform) generating an immediate payment;
- Pre-printed notice of payment (MAV on the PagoPA platform), generating a deferred payment.
PLEASE NOTE: before payment is made, check which turns are still available.If you don’t see the turn of your preference it means that the seats are sold out, therefore you can register for the next TIL session. The choice of the date and turn in which to take the TIL test can be done in the section called “TIL-Architettura”, that will appear after you enter into the procedure Apply@polito all the required information and after you have done the “Save and Submit".
How to prepare to the admission testTo learn about the prior knowledge requirements for the admission test, check the following webpage: http://orienta.polito.it/en/entry_requirements
In order to get ready for the admission test, we suggest you the following:
Test format and scoring of the TIL-AFor the admission test applicants have 70 minutes to answer 40 questions.
- You can consult the contents of the previous years’ admission tests by clicking on the pages of each Bachelor’s degree programme, under the section named "Iscrizione al primo anno"/ “First-year enrolment”
- After the registration on the Apply@polito platform, on your personal page you will have at your disposal specific multimedia materials that can help you prepare for the admission test. A test simulator is also available.
Questions are divided in 5 sections covering 5 different disciplines.
The number of questions and the time limits are organized as follows:
Each question has 5 possible answers (identified with A,B,C,D,E), only one of which is correct. The score is based on the following criteria:
- 8 General Knowledge questions in 15 minutes
- 6 Abstract Reasoning (Logic) questions in 10 minutes
- 12 History questions in 20 minutes
- 6 Drawing and Representation questions in 10 minutes
- 8 Mathematics and Physics questions in 15 minutes
At the end of the TIL-A test candidates will immediately see the score obtained; the same score will also be available on their personal page of the Apply@Polito platform.
- 1.5 points for each correct answer
- A penalty of 0,40 points (-0,40) for each incorrect answer
- 0 points for each unanswered question
TIL-A resultsThe TIL-A results will be published on Friday 30th July 2021 with:
Politecnico di Torino will make an offer of admission to the Bachelor’s degree programme in Architettura/Architecture to the applicants included in the ranking list up to the maximum number of available student places.
- a ranking list of all EU applicants and non-EU applicants residing in Italy
- a ranking list of all non-EU applicants residing abroad
Applicants who have not answered any question will not be included on the ranking list.
The ranking lists are made with the following criteria:
- applicants are ranked in descending order based on their TIL-A score;
- in case of equal ranking, the score obtained in the individual sections that make up the TIL-A test shall prevail, considered in the following order: general knowledge and abstract reasoning, history, design and representation, physics and mathematics. In case of a further equal ranking, the younger applicant will be chosen.
Admission requirementsAll the enrolment requirements are listed in Annex A attached to the Call for applications for admissions to the Bachelor’s degree programmes of the Architettura-Architecture, of which they are integral part.