Participate in the TIL test
If you want to participate in the TIL-P test, we remind you that under the Apply section named “Select your course” you must necessarily select the degree in Territorial, urban, environmental and landscape planning.Payments methods
The TIL registration fee is: € 50,00 .
The amount paid cannot be reimbursed under any circumstances, nor it can be considered valid for TIL sessions other than the one for which the candidate had registered.When you complete the TIL registration procedure, you will receive an e-mail confirming your registration.The registration fee can be paid with various payment methods, including:
Applicants who pay using the method illustrated under number 2) must go back to the Apply@polito platform and specify the payment date (self-declaration). Failure to do so entails that their payment is not valid. Both the payment and the self-declaration must take place before the deadlines illustrated in art. 2 of the Call for applications for admissions.
- Credit cards (or other payment methods available on the PagoPA platform) generating an immediate payment;
- Pre-printed notice of payment (MAV on the PagoPA platform), generating a deferred payment.
Should the self-declaration be found to be false or incorrect, the registration for the test, or the test itself, will be cancelled.
PLEASE NOTE: before payment is made, check which turns are still available.If you don’t see the turn of your preference it means that the seats are sold out, therefore you can register for the next TIL session. The choice of the date and turn in which to take the TIL test can be done in the section called “TIL-Territorial”, that will appear after you enter into the procedure Apply@polito all the required information and after you have done the “Save and Submit".
How to prepare to the admission test
In order to get ready for the admission test, we suggest you the following:
Test format and scoring of the TIL-P
- You can consult the contents of the previous years’ admission tests by clicking on the pages of each Bachelor’s degree programme, under the section named "Iscrizione al primo anno"/ “First-year enrolment”
- After the registration on the Apply@polito platform, on your personal page you will have at your disposal specific multimedia materials that can help you prepare for the admission test. A test simulator is also available.
For the admission test applicants have 1 hour and a half to answer 42 questions.
Questions are divided in 4 sections covering 4 different disciplines.
The number of questions and the time limits are organized as follows:
Each question has 5 possible answers (identified with A,B,C,D,E), only one of which is correct. The score is based on the following criteria:
- 12 Logic and Mathematics questions to be performed in 30 minutes
- 6 Reading Comprehension questions to be performed in 12 minutes
- 12 General Knowledge questions to be performed in 24 minutes
- 12 Territory and Society questions to be performed in 24 minutes
At the end of the TIL-P test candidates will immediately see the score obtained; the same score will also be available on their personal page of the Apply@Polito platform.
- 1 point for each correct answer
- A penalty of 0,25 points (-0,25) for each incorrect answer
- 0 points for each unanswered question
TIL-P results are made public through the publication of:Both ranking lists will be published according to the following schedule:
ATTENTION: All applicants who do not belong to the “enrolled student” or “assigned student” categories (article 7 - paragraph 4) are required to declare that they are interested in remaining on the ranking list after its publication. Applicants are required to make this declaration on their Apply@polito personal page – Enrolment section, not later than:
- the ranking list of all students, except for quota students: Tuesday 1st September 2020;
- the ranking list of quota students: Friday 18th September 2020.
Failure to declare one’s interest in remaining on the ranking list implies that the applicant intends to decline his/her offer of admission. His/her student place will be assigned to another student on the ranking list.
- 2.00 p.m. of Monday 7th September 2020 for all candidates except for quota applicants;
- 2.00 p.m. of Thursday 24th September 2020 for quota applicants only.
Admission thresholds The programmed admission to the degree programmes for the a.y. 2020/21 includes minimum and guarantee thresholds, as detailed below.
Guarantee thresholds for admission to the Bachelor’s degree programme in Territorial, urban, environmental and landscape planning for all studentsMinimum admission threshold for all students
- 20/100: this is the minimum admission threshold for being included in the ranking list. If you pass this threshold but your score is less than 60/100, you can decide to wait until the 1st September 2020, when the ranking list will be published. You will then verify if you are conveniently placed in the ranking list in order to enrol. Alternatively, you can take the TIL-P again in one or more subsequent sessions. In this case the score obtained in the latest test invalidates the score obtained in previous tests.
Students with international certificates SAT, GRE and GMAT, recognized as equivalent to passing the TIL admission test (grading equal to or higher than the guaranteed admission threshold), may be exempted from taking the TIL test.
Uploading your international certification on Apply@polito
In order to be granted the exemption from the admission test, you must upload your certification on your Apply@polito personal page, under the “Allegati”/Attachments” section, within Tuesday 21st July 2020. The result of the assessment will be notified by e-mail no later than Friday 31st July 2020.
Language requirementsFor Bachelor's degree programmes entirely taught in Italian students with foreign educational qualification need PLIDA B1 (Italian certificate).
ATTENTION PLEASE: in view of the ongoing health emergency and given the high probability that candidates may not be in a position to acquire a English language certification and, in the required cases, the italian certification in time for enrolment in the a.y. 2020/21, it is provided an enrolment “with condition” for the admitted students that, within the deadlines for the enrolment itself, will not be in possession of the required certification.
The enrolment with condition must be concluded by 30 of June 2021 by presenting the missing language certification. If no document is presented within the indicated deadline, from that moment the access to the personal apply page of the website will be prohibited and the student will be unable to perform career acts until the delivery of the certification, without prejudice to the Regulation of students in the matter of school leaving.